Tuesday 17 May 2011

Leave Your Sanity At The Door: Asylum 6




So, I kind of like this TV show called Supernatural. You may have noticed. OK, that's a bit of an understatement. When I said 'TV show', what I actually meant was 'way of life'. And when I said 'like', what I actually meant was 'adore with a fervour akin to religious fanaticism'. When I like something, REALLY like something, I tend to go a bit...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Some may call it obsessive, but I just don't like to do things by halves. Unless it's housework, making dinner, getting dressed, reading T&Cs, managing my money, advancing my career...you get the general idea.

And so it was that I found myself at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham this weekend for Asylum 6 - a Supernatural convention run by Rogue Events.

This was my second convention ever. I had never felt the compulsion before Supernatural. I may have written weekly letters to David Usher in the nineties. I may have seen OK Go play two nights running last time they were in the UK. I may dress up like a whore-clown and dance in the aisles at The Rocky Horror Show. I may know the script of The Doom Generation by heart. I may even have a Legolas action figure (LOL)! But conventions had never been my scene until I took the plunge and went to Asylum 5 last Halloween. To be perfectly honest I was a little scared at first. I stayed on the fringe - went to talks and scoped out the evening entertainment, but I was in denial. I figured if I wasn't queuing for photos and autographs, I could still pretend I was a reasonable person. Most of my friends who like the show draw a line at actually going to a weekend-long meet, so I pretty much bludgeoned someone too nice to say 'no' into coming with me! That person was Jenny.

This time around it looked like I was going to have to strike out on my own. But Jenny managed to get a ticket at the last minute, along with her friend - let's call her D - and D's nine year old son, M, who has elected Dean Winchester as a highly dubious role model.

On Friday 13th May, after a very pleasant train journey (First Class, baby - it's the only way to go) I checked into the Hilton and went to register. In the queue, a pair of hardcore con regulars and generally rocking chicks from Hamburg (S and N) turned to me and struck up a conversation. We got to the front of the queue and went our separate ways after promising we would meet later on the dance floor. That night we did dance. And how. Truthfully, throwing shapes to Lady Gaga with a nine yr old who can dance me in to a cocked hat is not something I had envisaged when I set out on Friday, but it was fun. After the party, S, N and I stayed in the lounge until 4am drinking Cosmopolitans with the event DJ and another member of the crew. Last bishes (barely) standing. It was the start of something beautiful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At 7am on Saturday, after two hours sleep, I woke to the realisation that I would have to stand next to Jensen Ackles (AKA the most beautiful man in the universe) and have my photo taken in a couple of hours! Self-sabotage is clearly one of the things I do at full throttle!

Jensen had the first panel of the day, so the main hall was buzzing. The guests were brought on stage to say 'hi' for the opening ceremony and I got my first in-the-flesh glimpse of Jensen and Jared.



The first thing to say about them is that they are tall. Like really, really tall. TV people are supposed to be mini. That's how it works. J2 obviously didn't get that memo. The second thing to say is that they are ridiculously good looking. They are barely the same fucking species as the rest of us. At this point, you're almost hoping they turn out to be complete arseholes because...come ON! But nope. They are also two of the nicest people you could hope to meet. And this is when I swept up the last few crumbs of my dignity and threw them in the nearest bin. My decision to empty my bank account the previous night to buy an extra photo opportunity with Jared suddenly seemed entirely justified and rational.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jensen alone was funny, sweet, charming and relaxed. He'd just flown in from Scotland and it was his first wedding anniversary weekend which he pointed out he was spending with all of us, making a face which implied that had gone down like a knackered lift in the Ackles' household. I think we all appreciate his dedication. He said lots of words, many of which I couldn't comprehend because I was too busy watching him lick his lips and wriggling in my chair like a child in dire need of a pee.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When asked how he would like Supernatural to end, he amused himself by suggesting Sam and Dean could wake up to discover they'd been stoned off their heads for the past however many years and had actually been playing a video game. When asked who would win a fight between him and Jared, Jensen asked 'have you SEEN the guy?' and did and impression of Jared which involved standing on the back of his chair and pushing his chest out (hello Ackles' treasure trail), then went on to say he would because he would 'kick him right in the nuts.' He also spoke about play-fighting gone wrong, recounting the time he split someone's head on Dark Angel. He claimed never to have slipped on Supernatural, although Cindy Sampson later showed a scar which she claimed she got from Jensen!

Citing 'Hey Jude' and 'A Day In The Life' as two of his favourite Beatles songs, he recalled being excited when their tracks were finally available on i-Tunes, but as he was downloading the back catalogue, Jared came up to him with a CD box set and asked him why he didn't just get them off that! "You couldn't have given this to me, like, two years ago?!"

Jensen also revealed he didn't have pin-ups on his bedroom wall as a younger man *collective raised eyebrow*. He talked a lot about golf. And he admitted that his wife had shown him this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I laughed for about ten minutes imagining that particular journey of discovery and then I wondered what else he's been looking at, and then I laughed a bit more. To his credit - he seemed fairly pleased about the whole thing. He does make the prettiest pony.

After the panel, it was time to have my picture taken with him. I can tell you that staying up all night getting drunk off your ass and then being thrust towards a man so beautiful he makes grown women weep is NOT conducive to photogenicism. He was sweet and polite and I put my hand on him and he didn't have me arrested (result). And then it was over in a heartbeat and I was pushed back out into the light, confused and dazed on wobbly legs like a new born foal.

Next panel was Cindy Sampson, Brock Kelly and Fred Lehne. Fred's opening gambit was a joke involving a penguin taking his car to the garage and going for ice cream while waiting for it to be fixed. Only penguins don't have hands so they have a tough time holding an ice cream, and the penguin ends up with it all over his beak and down his front. He goes back to the garage to get his car and the mechanic tells him it looks like he's blown a seal, to which the penguin replies 'no it's just ice cream'. He then told all the children in the audience to explain it to their parents, and I remembered just how much I love Fred Lehne.



Brock and Cindy are also ridiculously good looking. By this time I was seriously considering having a bag placed over my head permanently. Spending a weekend with these people completely screws your perspective. It's disorientating and depressing catching a glimpse of your own reflection after having your eyeballs adjusted to that much pretty. Brock was quiet and I suspect sharper than people give him credit for. His humour is so dry and his delivery so deadpan I think it gets missed sometimes. But he looks like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At one point, Brock revealed he had been to jail for underage drinking and yep! Fred went there! "Anyone else thinking about soap?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Fred has been to jail in Canada for 'creating mischief'. That's a real thing. It is impossible to explain in words how much I love Canada.

Cindy Sampson is a firecracker. Beautiful, funny, and sharp, she loves what she does ("making out with Jensen Ackles for a living") and her sense of self-awareness and levity were a breath of fresh air. She looked like she might lick Brock at any moment (an entirely appropriate response which I approved of hard.) She and Fred Lehne did snarky banter brilliantly - Fred to Cindy: "I'm gonna smack you so hard" - and were clearly having a blast. Cindy joked about how she'd demanded security because she's seen LisaBraedenMustDie.com! She showed remarkable insight and understanding of the fanbase, the tendency of some fans to shred female characters and the difference between how vitriolic people can be sat at a keyboard and how she is received as an actress and a person. I've never met a Canadian I didn't like and Ms. Sampson shot straight to the top of my list. She was also very taken by M, saying he was adorable and she wanted to take him home, which M seemed to think he would enjoy very much! That's the Dean Winchester attitude right there.



Saturday afternoon was Jared photo op time. What can I tell you about Jared Padalecki? The man is ridiculous. He's not a person, he's a force of nature. A forest fire maybe - burning hot, all consuming and utterly devastating. Yeah - that's actually a damn good analogy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

While Jensen had been perched for his pics, Jared was standing and doling out Padahugs. The girl in line in front of me had him sit so she could pose back to back with him, so when my turn came I waved my arms frantically to gesture him up and launched myself at him. Literally plastered myself to him. He laughed and said I was conducting him like an orchestra. Oh, if only! Some choice words which flashed through my head at this point: Blowing, banging, fiddling, strumming, horn. Just saying...

After I prised my over-heated cheek off his rock hard pecs, I think I mumbled some thanks and managed to remember to retrieve my handbag. Then I walked out of the room and straight into a wall. I shit you not. I'm afraid I missed Mark Shepard and Richard Speight Jnr doing their panels as I had to have a stiff drink and a sit down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I wish I could remember any of Jared's panel, but honestly I just sat in stunned silence, unable to fathom the cruelty of a world in which I am forced to live without my face buried at his heaving man bosom.

OK, OK - I remember some of it. He referred to himself as 'mooseman'. He also said he really enjoys watching fan videos on Youtube. He recommended visiting California, Texas and New York for anyone going to the US. He said he would love to have kids but he's not ready yet. His work is too demanding and he knows how Misha struggled with being away from his son. He presented his side of his infamous prank war with Misha and the trailer-full of coins. He shampoos, conditions and blow dries his hair. Speaking of which, a rather upfront American girl asked him if his evolving hairstyle was a result of his hair being afraid of his face. He took that with good grace but I could tell he was crying inside. Sam's lack of bangs in latter seasons is as a result of Kripke telling him he needed to look older. He declined to make a moose mating call (the American girl again). He told us his body was now property of his wife (my hands beg to differ).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That evening Jason Manns played a gig. As he had at Asylum 5, he invited the guests in attendance to come up and do a spot, so the limelight was shared with Fred and Richard. Last year's session resulted in Misha Collins singing some Dylan with his father which is genuinely one of the most moving things I've ever seen. Saturday night was also lovely. Richard and his friend and bandmate performed their soon-to-be hit single 'Only Love You When I'm Drunk' and dedicated it to Cindy and Brock. Fred eschewed his usual 'Sympathy For The Devil' for another Stones number - 'Can't Always Get What You Want'. Jason dedicated his rendition of Cohen's 'Hallelujah' to a fan who recently lost her father. And Fred dragged the audience up to dance for the finale which resulted in the stage being stormed.

http://youtu.be/VcZ3iXijBQI

Cindy later referred to it as 'the best day of her life' with no irony which made me want to hug her. After S, N and I had a quick bop to some classic rock - the highlight being 'Poison' by Alice Cooper - we retired for slightly more sleep than the night before and I dreamt of sweet, sweet Padahugs.

Sunday morning was my J2 photo op. Once again I had to forgo the inclusive breakfast (goddayum, I hate passing up 'free' food), this time because I felt physically sick with anticipation...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OK, I realise that they are just people. Freakishly tall, stupidly attractive people. And I am 31 years old. I should not be reduced to a shaking, jibbering wreck by two actors, but I honestly feared this was a real possibility:

Stan pukes on Wendy... xD

The queue was buzzing as my favourite steward was running up and down it shouting "they're standing up and hugging!" As I entered the photo studio, the UK's answer to Clif Kosterman took one look at me and said "you'll be fine - they're just people!" which probably tells you something about the state I was in. I somehow managed to reach the boys on jelly legs and smished myself between them. That is a whole lot of man. I can honestly tell you without a shadow of a doubt, that being sandwiched between J2 is the nearest thing to Heaven on Earth it is possible to imagine. They are just so damn BIG. And then Jared turned his ridiculous face to me and said "great hair, babe!" Babe. BABE. BABE. It's a fucking miracle I am writing this on a netbook as a free woman and not writing it in my own faeces on the wall of a secure unit. I think it's time for an UNF.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Men are ruined for me. Totally serious. Poor Mr. Pinkwood. Let's take a second to feel bad for him...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Things didn't improve much when we went to get autographs. At the door of the signing room, we were told that Jensen would be taking a five minute break, and on his return, Jared would take one. But when Jensen stood and left, Jared looked up and dashed off after him. I'm not going to lie. This made me squee myself inside out. Their love is so epic. They returned after ten minutes or so and I tried not to drool listening to Jared laughing until I reached the front of the queue to find looking into Ackles' big green eyes isn't any less blindsiding for the third time.

Sunday was also the day the wives rocked up. They were doing photo signings in a room of their own, and by all accounts were received very warmly. Insane jealousy aside, I think it was good of them to make an appearance. However (serious business is about to get serious), part of me wishes that they would take more of a stance. We all know the internet is pretty unforgiving. It must be hard to find yourself a target of genuine bitching and worse because people feel a strange sense of entitlement when it comes to your other half. Jensen and Jared very graciously thanked fans for making the ladies feel welcome, but I can't help but think that if they took a more active role, a lot of the bullshit would go away. Genevieve is a legitimate part of Supernatural having played a main role for two seasons. She should run with that. Do panels, meet fans. Be a personality in her own right. Danneel may not have a direct connection to the show, but she has fans, and there are people who will take an interest purely because of who she is married to. But hey - Jason Manns has forged a pretty solid and loyal fanbase on his connection with Jensen. Come on gals - make like Cindy. Show us what you're made of and stand up for the sistahood!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Talking of Cindy, she and Brock did another panel on Sunday afternoon, the main focus of which was Fred-originated rumour about what had or had not happened between them the night before. Ms. Sampson milked the Mrs. Robinson act to the delight of the audience and Fred who hijacked the mic to ask Brock whether he would say Cindy's ass was more 'spanky' or 'sassy'. And speaking of Cindy's ass, a slight wardrobe malfunction which would have shaken a weaker specimen, had her laughing and promising to hunt down the ecstatic teenaged boy with a camera in the front if she found up-skirt footage on Youtube. She also revealed her favourite on set prank. For the scene with Jensen when Lisa comes downstairs in a nightgown to ask Dean when he's coming to bed, the crew presented her with a blow up doll and a dildo to brandish at him during a take. She confirmed that Danneel dresses Jensen and that she knew for a fact that Gen had dressed Jared that day. I guess that explains the black jeans, Hollowdoll! She said she had dressed Brock, but only because of what had happened the night before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There was more excitement when we discovered N's raffle ticket for a Jensen coffee lounge was a winner. N had found a little gold coloured Buddah on the airport floor and picked it up. Rubbing its belly after she'd bought the tickets, she told me it was good luck. After she'd found it, she and S had their room upgraded. Then, she said, they met me. I may have had a little tear in my eye at that point. The third charm was an intimate audience with Jensen. Although N was a wreck about meeting him, it turned out to be the perfect experience - especially when Jensen combined his session with Jared's! They could do an episode about this Buddha, I swear! My favorite report from the lounge was that J2 demonstrated Sam and Dean going out Thelma and Louise style by holding hands. I squeed myself back the right way out.

But it wasn't to last because it was time for the closing panel and this happened:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Oh oh oh oh OH OH OH OH...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SSSSSSQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

INSIDE. OUT.

I was pretty much done for by this point but here are the scant details I remember. Jensen was asked which song he would release as a single if he could. Jensen replied he didn't know and Jared said, "yes you doooooo!" in such a cute way I nearly cried. He said it would be Bonnie Tyler. Or Born This Way by Lady Gaga. Jensen denied this and mentioned hearing a song by Katy Perry in the gym which he'd thought was about Supernatural. Jensen made it clear he was an actor - not a singer except in the shower. Jared seemed to be on board with that and my fragile little mind drifted to its happy place.

There was more drifting when Jared claimed he was losing his voice ("it's my wife's fault"). Presumably he meant she gave him a cold but we were all snickering and biting our fists by the time he realised what he'd said. Whoops mouth!

Jensen once again leapt to the defence of Jared's hair, referring back to the earlier slur about his face being afraid of it. He did an impression of Jared's hair using his fingers, and Jared did a beautiful slo-mo 'just stepped out of a salon' swish.

A pregnant lady asked the boys whether she should call her son Jared or Jensen. They suggested an amalgamation of the two - Jarsen, Jenred etc - and Jared pointed out it'd be easier to buy a Jared name badge at Disneyland. They also suggested Tristan Ross. Awww!

Jared was asked about his favourite Beatles songs. Unsurprisingly, they were the same as Jensen's. Double awww!

Jensen listed Louis CK amongst his favourite stand up comedians and my love for him reached new heights. Jared and he argued as to whether anyone on their list told clean jokes. Jared said yes, so Jensen asked him to think of a clean joke. The closest he could muster involved jizz and was discounted by Jensen. "It just went off in his hand!" Aaaaaand we're back in the happy place!

Someone asked where Jensen and Jared would take Sam and Dean if they met them for a day and what they would ask them or do. Jensen said he would ask for a spin in the Impala and the colt, and said that he would take Dean to a bar, buy him beer and ask him for some stories as his life would be way different to Jensen's life. He told Jared to beat that. Jared promptly responded that he would take Sam to the same bar and they would throw peanuts at Dean and Jensen. Jared also said he would grab Sam by the collar and say, "you look a lot like me!"

The boys recounted some stories of things they were uncomfortable with on set. Jared doesn't much like doing sex scenes. Jensen's tears during his hell scene at the end of the season 3 finale were genuine tears of pain. Poor Jensen :( Neither of them enjoyed the snake in Yellow Fever. Jared didn't like the way it was coming at him from behind (all I could think about was what Freud would say), and Jensen demonstrated how it slithered over his crotch using his mic to represent the snake. Oh, to be that microphone. He also did an energetic impression of Jared's reaction to him being molested by an albino python, which I could have watched him do for literally hours.

Jared drew the line at having an actress playing a zombie actually drool into his mouth because he 'has a thing about spit', to which Jensen replied, "who HASN'T got a thing about spit?!"

Happy place.

The overriding thing I got from the panel was that these guys adore each other and genuinely love and are proud of what they do. Jared DID use the words 'my craft' to describe acting which made me LOL but they are pretty humble and know they are lucky to do what they do. I couldn't help but wonder (woah - that was a bit Sex And The City!) how they will feel when it's all over. Things may have changed over the last six years, but they seem so close that it's not hard to imagine it will be a wrench when they no longer see each other every day for nine months of the year.

It was all over far too quickly and I'm not ashamed to admit their parting words of affectionate thanks made me well up. The thought of going back to reality having been in a fantasist's bubble all weekend was pretty depressing. Not only had Jenny, D, M and I had a brilliant weekend and met loads of fab people, but I made two friends I'll hopefully know for life. N is coming to the Jus In Bello convention with me Rome next year, and we have every intention of visiting each other in Hamburg and London.

And that's why I'm proud of my obsession. A little show that inspires such devotion, creativity and humour and bonds people from all over the world who would never otherwise meet is a very special thing. So, thanks Jared and Jensen, you beautiful, glorious bastards, and see you in Rome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

35 comments:

Hollowdoll Padackleshump VonAcklecorn said...

EPIC RECAP BABY! It fulfilled all my wildest dreams! UNF! I can't even. I can only hope Chicon is anywhere near as good. Although lets face it. They never fail to deliver. I agree with how special SPN and how much it affects lives in creative and positive ways. It's funny to think about, but if SPN was never created this world would be a lot less special and a lot less bearable. We are lucky to have all of our fave SPN actors and they are very luck to have us. Perfectly symbiotic. :-D

loopyloo said...

Thanks so much for the recap! It's was the next best thing to being there. ;-) So happy you enjoyed yourself so much. UNF UNF UNF, is right! To be there for that amazing cuddle at the end. HEAVEN!

Anonymous said...

Great recap, hon! It was wonderful experiencing it through your eyes. Makes me want to go to another con SOON!

Anonymous said...

LOL ILU bb

chumpchange said...

definitely worth the wait and so hilarious! woot! I think we all would be short circuiting after all that!

Anonymous said...

that was an awesome post!! glad to hear the boys are close and adore each other ..i so want to see the vid of jared's hair, lol..

Anonymous said...

p.s.--can i ask about the line "things may have changed...."..i hope they're as close as ever..they sure seem to be
thanks!!!

CC said...

wonderful bb, simply wonderful! i'm so glad you had an awesome time <3

Dytchen said...

Best recap ever. Thank you so much for sharing!

N. said...

Thank you so much for the recap, BABE (lol). The buddha is an amulet by now and will always be a reminder of this wonderful and crazy weekend. Miss you soooo much!
N.

Anonymous said...

What a fun recap! Loved reading it from your perspective.

Anonymous said...

A South African fan here: What I would give to experience a con with a fan like you!

It sounds like it was fun & rejuventating & special & wonderful & I'm jealous & hoping that I can make it to a con one day

thank you for sharing!

Suuded said...

What a funny recap! Great! Jeah I'm always taken by how conventions bring people together and sometimes you can even make awesome new friends! I am so looking forward to meeting you again! CU hopefully soon and greetz to rest of your bunch!

Pinkwood said...

I wish I could reply under the comments! Am I being thick? I can't find a way to reply directly. OK, I'll do this...

@ Hollowdoll J2 and the fans are erotically co-dependant like us, bb!

@loopyloo It was the cuddle to end all cuddles. I nearly went blind from the beauty of it! ;)

@fiercelynormal Me too, bb! Oh and btw - I lied about Cindy. You are still my favourite Canadian!

@tebtosca ILU too! <3

@chumpchange My wiring is still screwed! :D

@Anon The hair swoosh was beautiful. I'm hoping some video footage will come to light soon. By 'things have changed' I was kind of thinking about what the guys said themselves. They were really kids when they started out, and now they are grown men (some more GROWN than others - lol) and married of course. I'm not sure what impact that's had in terms of lifestyle, but it was lovely to see that they clearly mean the world to each other. I just think considering they've 'grown up' together and how dominated by SPN their lives are, it will be tough for them to do anything else. I think it's a case of life imitating art! They are a bit more like Sam and Dean than even they realise IMO! Thanks for reading, hon!

@CC Thanks, bb! We're gonna drag you to one soon ;)

@Dytchen Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for reading!

@N OH HAI!! You need to send me a pic of the Buddah amulet - Bamulet? Lol! It really was fate, bb. I miss you both! Can't wait for Rome!

@Anon Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it :)

@cydsa What a sweet thing to say! Thanks so much and I hope you get to experience the beauty of the Js really soon! ;)

@Suuded Yay! It was magical, bb! I really hope we get the chance to do many more cons together, but in the mean time we have bars and gigs - London and Hamburg are our oysters ;) Let's organise something soon x

happy!Watchtower said...

This recap was simply awesome. It was like being there with you and seeing everything u saw! thanks for being so accurate and funny :P At JiB3, i promise i'll keep you from fainting before the photo ops ;)

ps. "I can honestly tell you without a shadow of a doubt, that being sandwiched between J2 is the nearest thing to Heaven on Earth it is possible to imagine." AMEN SISTER.

Pinkwood said...

@Watchtower Weeee! I'm so excited for JIBCon! I will scan and send you the photos. Everyone has been mocking my 'possessive girlfriend' hand on the Padatum :/ Lol. I really wanted to hump his leg.

Mandy said...

That was fantastic (I actually read the whole thing, normally I get impatient when things are long to read lol)
AND I literally LOL'd at Then I walked out of the room and straight into a wall. FABULOUS!!
Although making me nervous for the con I am going to next year AHBL3 in Oz.
Thanks for sharing, you're Awesome!!!

zipster said...

Stellar recap! One of the best I've ever read. :-) Thanks for letting us experience it through your eyes.

Pinkwood said...

@Mandy Thanks, hon! And don't be nervous - it will be AMAZING!

@zipster You are too kind <3

Anonymous said...

@tbre2 Thank you so much for sharing your experience in the usual @Pinkwood style....hilarious,self- deprecating, with a side of true insight. I'm so glad you had a great time! Fans like you make me proud to be a SPN junkie <3

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for sharing your experience in such an honest and entertaining way xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm sooo jealous, but in a good way :D

BTW, that last GIF with the boys and Bobby is just awesome. I almost peed my pants when I saw it :DDD

Pinkwood said...

@tbre2 Oh, T! You always say the nicest things. You are a rock star, lady.

@Anon You're so welcome! Glad you found it entertaining :)

@Anon It is a brilliant gif! If only I could create something that magical! Thanks for reading and I hope you get to experience the Js soon.

N. said...

loool! Just now saw that you tagged it "do it for Sven" - hilarious! I def. have to show this to Sven - what I went through - just for him - talking to JA, not (!) even looking at him *stupidme* - have to do it again next weekend! Who else but me is standing right in front of JA and not looking at him? *stupidstupidme*
N.

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is the best recap I've ever read of a Con! Would you mind if I share this? It has to be shared! Please let me share this! I mean it, this is definitely the best recap EVER. I was cracking up reading this, people around me were looking at me like "Mira esta loca!" LOL XD

Pinkwood said...

@N Lololol! Hi Sven *waves* It was all for you, bb! You should never look directly into Ackles' eyes. It's like looking into the sun. And you might get instantly pregnant! Oh, I wish I was coming to AECon with yooooou! <3

@Anon Thanks so much :D I'm glad you liked it though I'm not worthy of that high praise *blushes*. Feel free to share away. Mi casa, su casa!

N. said...

I'll try and remember that. No eye-locking with JA. I could stare at his lips instead...no....wait....gosh - just no. The thought alone......
I wish you were coming too! Gonna miss you so much @AECon :-(

N.

Charlotte Millions said...

I wish I could remember any of Jared's panel, but honestly I just sat in stunned silence, unable to fathom the cruelty of a world in which I am forced to live without my face buried at his heaving man bosom.

- hahahahaha Jared has that effect on people. I too was there last weekend and it was magical being squashed between that pair for a hug and Jared jumping up and down to cuddle. When I was there they were signing thank you to a deaf girl, i mean seriously HOW ARE THEY REAL?

happier!Watchtower said...

oooh im so waiting for your pics! possessive hand on Padatum above all ;) I understand your "possessiveness" though, coz Jensen is just so perfect it hurts and i truly love him with all my heart, but Jared...Jared exudes irresistibly charming sex appeal. I was shocked by the shitload of pheromones that hit me the first time i had him in front of me.

Pinkwood said...

@Charlotte Millions I saw that! I thought that was what they were doing but I wasn't sure and I didn't have a good view of the girl asking the question. Also Jared remembered a very young by name which I thought was lovely. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure they are not perfect angels all the time and they certainly know how to conduct themselves at these things, but they just seem to be such GOOD people. Instantly lovable :)

@Watchtower Exactly. I would have sworn down I didn't have a favourite, but Jared blew me away.

Anonymous said...

Wow you had an awesome weekend... We had the J2 next weekend in Germany. It was great but not that fantastic like yours! I hope so much they will come again to germany next year.

But The Hugging Scene! Wow... wow These con has sooooo much inuendos between these guys. Why! Why do they have to be straight!? *cries*

And yeah fandoms like that make the world a happy place. :D

ok I am off to youtube to find a vid with that hugging scene!

Pinkwood said...

@Anonymous It was indeed awesome! I heard AECon was great too :) The hug was lovely, and, well, straight is just a state of mind IMO ;) Have fun watching the video and thanks for reading!

jharris634 said...

So i just found this blog post, so fudgin hilarious. The way you act is exactly the same how i would..really enjoyed reading it

Laura-Hyde said...

OMG I just found this and you've made me soooooooooooo unbelievably excited for Asylum 8 this May. It'll be my first convention ever and, although there's no official sign of Jensen attending yet, I'm beyond excited to not only meet my fave TV 'stars' but to also meet other awesome fans who love those boys and our little show as much as I do! Thanks x

Pinkwood said...

Aww thanks guys! Laura - your pic made me do a double take bc you look JUST like one of my friends :D I am going to A8. Sadly I don't think Jensen will be doing it this time around, but the line up is fab, and Misha and Jared will be a riot together :) See you on the dance floor?